Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Cheesy Jalapeño Popper Baked Stuffed Chicken

This recipe was so stolen from skinnytaste.com (http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/04/cheesy-jalapeno-popper-baked-stuffed.html).  I adapted it just a little bit to my personal taste, but it was QUITE yummy.  What's wonderful about this website is that it includes WW points too (for those of us who follow such things).  What I did to adjust my recipe was:
  • I only used one jalapeno pepper - I'm a bit scared of those things
  • I chopped two scallions and added it to mine
  • I used Panko crumbs vs. bread crumbs
  • I used three strips of pre-cooked bacon
  • My pack of thin-sliced chicken breasts only had five in it, so I divided the filling into 5ths vs. 8ths
I gave this recipe two thumbs up, but it was a bit too oniony (is that a word?  Is that even possible?) for my husband.  My friend and neighbor Carla posted this recipe on her FB page (where I got it from - she posted it at just the right time.  I was browsing for dinner ideas).  She said next time she'd sautee the peppers a bit  before adding them - and I think that's a great idea.  To me, this tasted so much like a stuffed potato skin, except it was in yummy chicken.

I brought leftovers for lunch.  This is one way to keep people out of my office in the afternoons ... :-)


No comments: