Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Bailey’s Chocolate Mousse

Bailey’s Chocolate Mousse

I found this delightfully easy recipe (http://www.food52.com/recipes/16044_herve_this_chocolate_mousse) and decided to give it a shot.  I was telling one of my coworkers about it, and she said “I bet if you add a liquor, like Kahlua, it would be to die for.”  And I bet she was right.  But instead of using Kahlua, I decided to use Bailey’s instead.  I also halved the internet recipe – so this recipe makes two delicious desserts!

In a small sauce pan, heat ¼ cup of Bailey’s, 1/8 cup of milk, and a 4oz candy bar over low heat (I used Ghirardelli’s semi-sweet chocolate and skim milk.  You can use all Bailey’s if you want to and skip the milk).

 
Constantly stir until everything is melted together.
 

Transfer the melted chocolate into a glass bowl.  Submerge that glass bowl into a bowl of ice.

Using an electric mixer, whisk the chocolate for approximately three minutes, until the mousse thickens up.


Transfer the chocolate into two bowls.

Lick the bowls, the sauce pan, the spatula, and the beaters.

Don’t make this way ahead of time and refrigerate – the mixture gets too hard.  It can sit for several hours – so keep it on the counter.  Before serving, add whipped cream (it’s very decadent, so the cream really adds a touch).

Enjoy with a wonderful red wine, or a little Bailey’s on the side.


No comments: