Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Merlot?!?

I decided recently that I wanted to start drinking Merlot again. Merlot was the first type of red wine I started drinking and I never went back to drinking it once my palette grew to include cabs, malbecs, pinots, etc. Also, I always got the impression that a Merlot was for those who don't know anything about red wine (especially after watching Sideways and working in the restaurant business). Really though I'm the one who doesn't know anything because this Santa Ema Merlot is probably in my top five!It is smooth and silky, not to heavy and not to light. A perfect medium balance with a slight fruity flavor which all equals an excellent Merlot in my opinion. Even better it is only $10! I went to the Village Fine Wine & Cigar shop and was talking to some of the shop owners about wanting to drink Merlot again. The store owner recommended this Merlot, which has also been highly recognized by Wine Spectator. His suggestion did not disappoint and I would highly recommend you all to go buy a bottle today.

No comments: